Are you looking to appoint a social media manager for your outfit or advertising team? What salary do you need to pay a full-time manager in the U.S.?
In this article, we take a look at the essential questions you need to talk to as you start your recruitment promotion:
- What’s an aggressive salary for a social media manager?
- How much extra should you pay to an Experienced Social media Manager?
- Does the location matter for this job?
With these questions, you will be able to understand the budget and draw the best talent and categorized the salary of a Social media manager.
Many people would like to work for a social media manager, but it is not quite an easy job. A social manager is responsible for monitoring the company’s social media site as well as interacting and growing the audience. A social media manager is the voice of a brand and responsible for the post as the brand social media manager makes sure to post according to the view and social strategy. Even sometimes, they are speaking directly to people who are already familiar with the brand.
The social media manager is responsible for facilitating social media tasks and communicating with customers and vendors to manage social media platforms. They use company computers to write statements and respond to questions and inquiries. Social media manager works in the marketing department. He works online and will have a report to the marketing manager.
Job descriptions for social media manager
Social media managers must be highly expert with Microsoft Office applications for word processing, email management, spreadsheets, and presentations. They must have strong communication skills in order to guide teams of media professionals to get social media objectives.
As a social media manager, you will:
- Research and keep up to date with social media trends.
- Explore new and emerging social media platforms.
- Test and optimize the content on social media platforms to drive the audience.
- Strategy and goal planning.
- Content management.
- Reputation management.
- Monitor SEO and web traffic.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries.
A social media manager is highly motivated. He has a passion for connecting with current and future consumers. That passion comes through engaging with consumers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of:
- Turning fans into consumers
- Turning consumers into advocates
Community leadership and participation are integral to a social media manager’s success. The Social Media Manager should always be education, as it’s a vital part of their success.
Responsibilities of the social media manager
The first responsibility of a social media manager is to expand and apply the social media marketing map. The duties fall into three categorized Manage, Support, and collaborate.
A social media manager needs to handle different tasks. Here are the most common criteria we found:
Develop a social media strategy for both short term reactive work and long term vision. Manage the delivery of social media strategy.
Creating compelling and hasty content as well as preparation of posts to ensure material is distributed in the best ways.
- Social media channels
Engage with the network audience. Creating and replying to online consumers.
Manage the weekly social calendars to guarantee all campaigns have a robust social part of driving knowledge, meeting, and support.
Increase healthy reporting methods for social media both at a global level and rougher for trade communities.
A manager needs to help both senior and junior members of the social media team.
- Senior managers and directors
Support the team leader in creating a central role for the influence, preparation, and managing of all social media activity.
- Junior team members
Supply high excellence, correct and timely skills, guidance, and service to stakeholders.
Social media managers require working with an interior and exterior stakeholders to be useful.
- Teams individuals:
Working with interior and exterior suppliers to make sure delivery of biddable, timely, and cost-effective posts.
- Third parties and agencies
Build strong relationships with a critical partner to lead social innovation.
Requirements for social media manager
As well as deciding on the responsibilities of your social media manager, you will need to consider your requirements.
Will social media managers need a degree?
- Degree level education or alike specialized qualification.
- Marketing Degree, CIM, and/or IDM qualification attractive.
- Qualifications in: Marketing, Journalism, Media, Advertising, Or English.
What experience should they have?
- Experience as a Social Media Manager.
- Experience in other areas of Marketing.
- Experience running customers.
- Experience of running a blog.
- Experience in creating video content with live broadcasts.
- Experience in managing paid campaigns related to app installation.
Salaries for social media managers in the U.S:
A social media manager can make anywhere from $10 an hour to over $100,000 a year. Larger cities like New York and Los Angeles high demand for social media managers.
Social media managers, as a split of public relations specialists, have the following salary range according to the U.S. Bureau of work Statistics. Salaries contrast based on the region of skills, level of experience, education, certifications.
- As an assistant or junior social media manager, your preliminary salary is expected to be between $19,000 and $23,000.
- More experienced social media managers classically earn between $25,000 and $40,000.
- With extensive experience, your salary can boost to $60,000 or more.
The top respondents for the job title Social Media Manager are from the companies NBC Universal Media LLC., The Walt Disney Company, and Horizon Media, Inc. Expected salaries are highest at NBC Universal Media LLC, where the average pay is $70,000.
What’s important when setting a salary for your next social media manager?
Here is some salary profile database that can help you to set the salary of the social media manager.
PayScale, Indeed, and glassdoor.
Skills in Social Media Marketing, Social Media Optimization, and advertising connections are connected to pay that is above standard. Skills that pay less than market pace include Copywriting and Content Management.
Employees with Social Media Manager in their job name in San Francisco, California, make a standard of 49.7% extra than the nationwide middling. These job titles also find out higher than standard salaries in Seattle, Washington (20.6% more), and New York, New York (18.6% more).